Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Such Fun!

I was taken to the Little Bookroom recently and bought a "Rosie's Walk" board book for our Grand daughter. We still have a softcover copy from the 1980's and it was a favourite in our household, so I was very pleased to see it in a more robust format. The illustrations are wonderful and demonstrate positional words very simply and with humour.

I am having so much fun being a Granny. I get to play endlessly with little cars, trains and play dough, but the greatest privilege of all is having that small person sit beside you as we read book after book. There is a large variety of board books available nowadays, which means adults are more relaxed about children handling them.

"Fill your house with stacks of books, in all the crannies and all the nooks"
 
Dr Seuss.
 
I wonder what Dr Suess would have thought about a recent sale of 10 of his early books going for $4000 each? (The vendor actually donated the proceeds to charity)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Modern Baby Quilt

I finished this quilt in good time for a new arrival thinking it was a neutral pattern and colour scheme. It is a Disappearing Nine Patch B...