Thursday, August 25, 2011
The morning after my chaotic night home alone with the five lambs, we were able to foster the noisy and the quiet abandoned lambs onto a ewe. Her lamb had died, but she wouldn't leave it so she really wanted to mother something. This has been a success and they are thriving.
The twins were kept in the woodbox and fed cow's colostrum, then milk. The little ewe, who had been partially cleaned up was really lively and continued to thrive. Her brother, who had not been cleaned up at all wasn't very well for a few days. We gave it an injection of a drug we use in these cases and added yoghurt to their milk and he improved very quickly.
When I started to put them out during the day in a small pen we have I put a little coat on him I had made out of an old coat sleeve. It looks a little strange, but it does the trick, keeping them warm in the changable weather.
I finished this quilt in good time for a new arrival thinking it was a neutral pattern and colour scheme. It is a Disappearing Nine Patch B...
Irish Chain and Disappearing Four Patch. It has been a while but I have finished two Blankets of Love to send to Cheryll I would like to ...
Vintage Sheet Project, Skirts , a photo by The Witch on the Barn on Flickr. I have made four skirts using some of my recent online purchase...