Monday, August 20, 2012

Anaesthetic Brain Block




Over a week ago I had a general anaesthetic for a routine test and have been doing some strange things ever since (even for me!) I keep putting the oven mitts on to wash up, calling the lambs, calves and getting lost in the middle of sentences. But the most frustrating thing has been when working on one of my Hovering Hawks blocks, I just couldn't get it right and unpicked it at least ten times. I am still not happy with it, but the pieces of fabric are starting to fray a little so I am going to leave it as it is now. The blocks are going to be made into a little quilt and I know I will notice that particular block every time I look at it. But that will be part of the Quilt's story and history.

When I first started patchwork I had some guidance from a friend at a local craft group. One of the things I remember her telling me was every quilt has a story and a history behind it. I know the quilts I have made have their own stories and one day I should record them in a journal or perhaps with a Quilt Gallery on the blog. I definitely will need some help to set that up.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic looking block Jane! I hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete

Modern Baby Quilt

I finished this quilt in good time for a new arrival thinking it was a neutral pattern and colour scheme. It is a Disappearing Nine Patch B...