Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Prairie Hawks

 I have put my Hovering Hawks blocks together and finished them with Prairie Points. My supply of fabric in browns was limited, so the completed small quilt will be used as a table runner. This time I photographed the process of using Prairie Points and finishing the quilt by the Bagging Out method.

The Completed Top

Piecing the Prairie Points


The Prairie Points attached and the backing ready to sew on.

Sewing on the backing

Turning the quilt right side out

Turnout gap ready to be hand sewn

Some in the ditch quilting to secure the backing

On the table with a Tree Peony in the centre.





3 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! I love it. It's such an impressive block. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO impressed with this design, the Prairie Points are a fantastic addition.

    ReplyDelete

Modern Baby Quilt

I finished this quilt in good time for a new arrival thinking it was a neutral pattern and colour scheme. It is a Disappearing Nine Patch B...