Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hovering Hawks

According to my Field Guide to the Birds of Australia, we have the Brown Goshawk and the Grey Goshawk in our area and I certainly see them quite often hovering over the roadsides. They manage to stay suspended for long periods of time watching for their prey. One of my favourite Quilt blocks is called Hovering Hawks but I have never attempted it because I find it difficult to get triangles accurate. Now, I have a very clever machine that die cuts fabric and I have been experimenting with great success.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Looking good. I can't wait to see it in action on the weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Modern Baby Quilt

I finished this quilt in good time for a new arrival thinking it was a neutral pattern and colour scheme. It is a Disappearing Nine Patch B...