Monday, May 27, 2013

"Fossick and Find" Find.

Vintage Sheets by The Witch on the Barn
Vintage Sheets, a photo by The Witch on the Barn on Flickr.

There are three thrift shops that I frequent in a town about 40 minutes drive away from the farm. They have the Salvos, St Vincent de Paul and one called Fossick and Find and that is where I found two cotton double bed sheets in very good condition for $2.00 each. My test to see if any unlabelled fabric is cotton is to iron it with the hottest setting and if it catches at all, I know there is some polyester in it. These sheets are definitely pure cotton and very retro coloured and patterned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Modern Baby Quilt

I finished this quilt in good time for a new arrival thinking it was a neutral pattern and colour scheme. It is a Disappearing Nine Patch B...