Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Fabric Fasting

I was reading in the comments on another patchwork blog about someone going on a fabric diet in the new year. I need to go on a total fabric fast! During 2014, I will NOT buy any new fabric from any source, including the internet and the Op Shop. Any quilts I make will use up what is already in my supplies, even the backing, although I may make an exception if I need a solid colour to complete a quilt or need to find the right binding. Then I will only buy what I need. But that is it. No more random fat quarters or new collections. Potentially I have more than enough quilt fabric for dozens of Grandchildren, Great Nieces and Nephews as well as any babies friend's children may have.

Finding the right binding can be tricky and I usually decide what I want when the quilt is ready. Also I don't have much in the way of blenders and solid colours, so purchase them as needed.

This is going to be harder for me than changing any other bad habits I MIGHT have, like not ever putting things away in the same place, drinking too much black coffee and a liking for a nice Merlot. Wish me luck with this challenge!! Happy New Year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Modern Baby Quilt

I finished this quilt in good time for a new arrival thinking it was a neutral pattern and colour scheme. It is a Disappearing Nine Patch B...